NEC Display Solutions of America, a leading provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced today that Marcus Theatres® (NYSE: MCS) has selected NEC projectors to make a full-scale conversion to digital cinema on almost 700 screens it owns or manages across the Midwest and East.
The agreement also includes deployment of NEC large-screen displays for the theater chain’s lobbies and concession areas to promote food, beverage and other specials as well as adhere to new FDA calorie guidelines.
“We’ve enjoyed a long history with Marcus Theatres and are grateful for the opportunity to expand our relationship to help meet the demands of 3D movies as well as the overall migration to digital cinema,” said Pierre Richer, President and COO of NEC Display Solutions. “Unlike its competitors, NEC is able to offer a comprehensive solution for exhibitors – from high-performing digital cinema projectors to powerful, commercial-grade digital menu boards and our VUKUNET DOOH (Digital Out of Home) inventory management, ad delivery, billing and payment system – to generate new revenue streams as well as elevate the entire theater-going experience.”
Marcus Theatres ordered NEC’s complete line of digital cinema projectors – the NC1200, NC2000, NC3200S and NC3240S models – for virtually all of its circuit in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and Ohio. It also will deploy NEC’s award-winning E, V and P Series large-screen displays in other areas of the cinemas.“NEC Display is renowned for offering quality digital cinema projectors, but we’re also looking forward to benefiting from a wider spectrum of products in our latest agreement,” said Bruce Olson, President of Marcus Theatres. “The ability to change food and beverage items on the fly with dynamic digital menu boards and to easily run advertising will be true differentiators for us in the marketplace.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV