Vertex Pharmaceuticals (VRTX)
It's been tough to own stocks of companies launching new drugs this year and Vertex is no exception. Volatility in Vertex shares has been high as the company launched its new hepatitis C drug Incivek in late May.Year to date performance: +31% Performance since June 30: -12% Brookside Capital Management has been a big Vertex supporter, and it appears the fund likes the stock even more now after adding 1.9 million shares during the second quarter. Reflecting the debate over investing in drug-launch stocks and perhaps Vertex's valuation, hedge fund sellers of note during the quarter included DE Shaw, Sectoral Asset Management, Healthcor Management and Highbridge Capital Management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV