BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Hedge funds peeled back the curtain this week to reveal a bit about what biotech stocks they were buying and selling during the second quarter.
Funds that manage more than $100 million are required to disclose their equity holdings, options and convertible debt on a Form 13F filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission within 45 days of the end of a quarter. Funds aren't required to report short positions betting on declines. Because these disclosures are lagging, it's also not possible to tell what hedge funds have done with these biotech stocks since June 30, when the second quarter ended.
Still, combing through 13F filings can give individual investors some inkling into where professional investors are placing their biotech investment capital.
On the following pages, you'll find a snapshot of 11 biotech stocks with significant hedge fund buying and selling during the second quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV