Stock Futures Dive on German Data
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were pointing to a weaker open Tuesday on data showing stagnant economic growth in Germany in the second quarter.
Futures for the Dow Jones Industrial Average were down by 69 points, or 115 points below fair value, at 11,334. Futures for the S&P 500 were lower by 12 points, or 16 points below fair value, at 1186, and Nasdaq futures were off by 20 points, or 26 points below fair value.
Stocks surged Monday as a wave of deals news and signs of resilience in Japan's economy offset weak regional manufacturing data.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV