3. News Corp. (NWSA)
Company Profile: News Corp. is a global media company with operations in filmed entertainment, television, cable network programming, magazines and newspapers. Fox and The Wall Street Journal are among the company's most recognizable brands.Paulson's Investment: Paulson & Co. purchased 10.4 million shares of News Corp. during the second quarter, a position worth about $184 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Despite the phone hacking scandal that closed down News of the World and threatens Rupert Murdoch's position as CEO, News Corp. has been a winner this year, rising more than 16%. Since June 30, however, shares are down 4.5%.
2. Savvis (SVVS) Company Profile: Savvis provides cloud-infrastructure and hosted-IT services. Paulson's Investment: Paulson & Co. snatched up 5.7 million shares of Savvis during the second quarter, which carried a market value of $225 million at the time. Share Price Performance: Savvis was likely a winner for Paulson before the company was acquired in mid-July by CenturyLink (CTL). Before the acquisition was completed, shares of Savvis were up 55% in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV