5. Mosaic (MOS)
Company Profile: Mosaic produces concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients for the global agriculture industry.Paulson's Investment: The hedge fund bought more than 2 million shares of Mosaic in the quarter, which had a value of $152 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Mosaic shareholders have had a rough 2011, with the stock down 13% this year. Since June 30, shares are down a more palatable 2%.
4. Southern Union (SUG) Company Profile: Southern Union processes, transports and stores natural gas in the U.S. Paulson's Investment: Paulson bought 4.5 million shares of Southern Union during the second quarter, which was worth $181 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Southern Union has been a breakout performer this year, rallying 73% in 2011. Since June 30, shares are up nearly 4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV