7. Walter Energy (WLT)
Company Profile: Walter Energy is a producer and exporter of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry. It also produces steam coal, coal bed methane gas, metallurgical coke and other related products.Paulson's Investment: Paulson grabbed 1 million shares of Walter Energy during the second quarter, a position that was valued at $115 million at the time. Share Price Performance: If Paulson sold out of Walter Energy in July he might have a nice gain, but if he continues to hold shares, he's likely facing losses with this position already as well. Walter Energy's stock is down more than 25% since June 30.
6. Tenet Healthcare (THC) Company Profile: Tenet Healthcare is a health-care-services company whose subsidiaries and affiliates mainly operates general hospitals and related health-care facilities. Paulson's Investment: Paulson & Co. purchased 20 million shares of the healthcare company, worth $124 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Tenet Healthcare has been a dog this year, tumbling 24% in 2011. If Paulson continues to hold a position in the stock, he is down 19% in the position since June 30.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV