9. NYSE Euronext (NYX)
Company Profile: NYSE Euronext, owner of the New York Stock Exchange, is global provider of securities listing, trading, market-data products. The company will merge with Germany's Deutsche Boerse following a regulatory review of the transaction.Paulson's Investment: Paulson & Co. initiated a new position in NYSE Euronext during the second quarter, buying 3 million shares that had a value of almost $103 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Shares of NYSE Euronext are also a likely loser for Paulson if he remains a holder, as shares are down a whopping 15.5% since June 30.
8. Grifols SA (GRFS) Company Profile: Grifols makes plasma derivatives, IV therapy, enteral nutrition, diagnostic systems and medical materials. Paulson's Investment: The hedge fund bought 14 million shares of Grifols during the second quarter, ending with a market value of $107 million as of June 30. Share Price Performance: Grifols is another ugly stock chart for Paulson as well as fellow hedge-fund investor Steven Cohen. Shares are down nearly 6% since the stock's debut in early June. After notching a high of $8.50 in late July, the stock has plunged as low as $6.33 earlier this month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV