Loan originations for the first six months of 2011 totaled $2.3 million compared to $15.3 million for the first six months of 2010. Loan repayments for the six months ended June 30, 2011 totaled $12.8 million compared to $19.3 million for the comparable period in 2010. Loans transferred to REO during the first six months of 2011 totaled $6.4 million, compared to $4.0 million during the first six months of 2010. Loans transferred to loans held for sale during the first six months of 2011 totaled $1.1 million, compared to $1.4 million during the first six months of 2010.
Loans held for sale decreased from $29.4 million at December 31, 2010 to $16.0 million at June 30, 2011. The $13.4 million decrease during the first six months of 2011 was primarily due to loan sales of $10.8 million, which were sold at par, and loan repayments of $3.4 million.
Deposits totaled $312.4 million at June 30, 2011, down $36.1 million, or 10%, from year-end 2010. During the first six months of 2011, core deposits (NOW, demand, money market and passbook accounts) decreased by $9.8 million and represented 32% of total deposits at June 30, 2011 and December 31, 2010. Our certificates of deposit (“CDs”) decreased by $26.3 million during the first six months of 2011 and represented 68% of total deposits at June 30, 2011 and December 31, 2010. The $26.3 million decrease in CDs was primarily due to maturities of $20.0 million of State of California CDs and a reduction of $8.3 million in brokered deposits. Over the past year, our funding strategy has included a plan to substantially eliminate brokered deposits, including deposits under the Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service. To date, we have successfully reduced our brokered deposits to a level representing only 3% of total deposits at June 30, 2011, compared to 5% at December 31, 2010 and 17% at June 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV