Angeion's Medical Graphics Business Awarded National Group Purchasing Contract By Novation
Angeion Corporation (NASDAQ: ANGN) announced that it has been awarded a three-year contract with Novation, the healthcare industry’s leading supply contracting company for more than 25,000 members of VHA Inc. and UHC, two national health care alliances, and 5,500 members of Provista, LLC, representing more than 30,000 sites. The agreement is for Angeion’s complete line of MedGraphics® cardiorespiratory diagnostic systems, including related supplies and services. Effective October 1, 2011, the members Novation serves will have direct access to specially negotiated pricing and terms for MedGraphics systems that diagnose heart and lung disorders while in their earliest stages and monitor therapy across the spectrum of care for such conditions as heart failure or asthma and other forms of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
“We are delighted to have been selected to supply the members served by Novation for the next three years with our full line of cardiorespiratory diagnostic systems and services,” said Gregg O. Lehman, Ph.D., Angeion’s President and Chief Executive Officer. “This agreement will provide Novation’s broad base of not-for-profit health care organizations and academic medical centers easier access to our innovative technologies and world-class services to achieve successful outcomes and effective care management for their patients.”
MedGraphics provides essential clinical information to healthcare professionals through non-invasive cardiorespiratory assessment to improve care of patients in leading hospitals, clinics, and physician offices throughout the U.S. and in more than 75 countries around the world.
MedGraphics’ portfolio includes:
- Pulmonary function from simple spirometry tests (breath flow and volume) to advanced diagnostic assessments (breathing mechanics and effectiveness of gas transport from the lungs into the circulation system);
- Exercise assessment in rehabilitation and therapeutic monitoring centers for assessing respiratory and cardiac capacity to perform activities of daily living; and
- Respiratory measurements combined with caloric assessment to determine essential nutritional requirements for patients in critical care/cardiac units.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV