United Parcel Service
Even though United Parcel Service (UPS) has had a slumping share price in 2011, investors shouldn't discount this stock just yet. In many ways, a bet on UPS is a bet on the broader global economy; as the economy grows, so too does the volume of shipments that this delivery company handles. So it should come as no surprise that investors aren't piling into UPS right now.
That said, selling is overblown in this stock; with analyst sentiment on the upswing this week, now's a good chance to get into shares.UPS boasts the largest shipping network in the world, delivering more than 15 million packages each day. Network means everything in the shipping business, and competitors need to be able to ship to a large set of locations and at an incredibly low cost. Essentially, that makes UPS' current operations incredibly difficult to replicate, both logistically and from a capital perspective -- running a worldwide delivery network isn't cheap. But this stock is. A forward P/E of 13 and dividend yield of 3.19% are evidence of that. UPS is one of TheStreet Ratings' top-rated freight services and logistics stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV