BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Volatility is back in play this week as August reaches its halfway point. Already, the S&P 500 has shed nearly 9% this month, on the heels of one of the biggest corrections we've seen since 2008. While stocks have been pointed higher since the end of last week, investors shouldn't get too comfortable. I said it last week, and I'll say it again: The selling may not yet be over.
That doesn't mean you should flee from stocks altogether right now -- after all, we've been finding market strength in August by following the Rocket Stocks.
For the uninitiated, Rocket Stocks are our list of companies with short-term gain catalysts and longer-term growth potential. To find them, I run a quantitative screen that seeks out stocks with a combination of analyst upgrades and positive earnings surprises to identify rising analyst expectations, a bullish signal for stocks in any market.
Related: 5 Stocks Poised for BreakoutsIt's a strategy that's been working out pretty well. In the last 116 weeks, Rocket Stocks have outperformed the S&P 500 by a very material 81.8%. With that, here's a look at this week's Rocket Stocks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV