SAN DIEGO ( TheStreet) -- Each morning, RealMoney's Dan Fitzpatrick talks about three stocks featured on CNBC's "Fast Money" and "Mad Money," offering his thoughts on how investors can use those ideas to grow their money.
Today's stocks include:
Gold has been in a long-term uptrend and Fitzpatrick said that he sees this trend continuing. But in the short term, he thinks gold, which is trading well above the 50-day moving average, is overbought. After hitting record highs this month, it has started to pull back. And for short term investors, he said now is a good time to take some profits -- wait for a pullback to buy more gold.
The next stock he looked at was Apple, which has also been in a steady uptrend. Fitzpatrick says the 200-day moving average defines support. Last week, the stock moved back to the 50-day moving average before turning around -- this is a stock to be long on and to buy on any pull back, says Fitzpatrick.The last stock Fitzpatrick looked at was Verizon, which has been dealing with a worker strike, pressuring the stock. Verizon has a 5.6% yield which will increase as the stock falls. Support is at $32.28 and the stock is currently trading around $34 -- Fitzpatrick recommends keeping a stop just below support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV