Daqo New Energy Corp. (NYSE: DQ) ("Daqo New Energy" or the "Company"), a leading polysilicon manufacturer based in China, today announced its unaudited financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011.
Second Quarter 2011 Financial and Operating Highlights
- Polysilicon shipments were approximately 1,001 metric tons, or MT. Photovoltaic (PV) module shipments were 3.9 Mega watts, or MW. In addition, the Company manufactured 8.1 MW PV modules for outsourcing customers. Wafer shipments were 1.3 MW.
- Revenues were $70.7 million, a decrease of 19.0% from the first quarter of 2011 and an increase of 34.8% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Gross profit was $33.0 million, a decrease of 25.9% from the first quarter of 2011 and an increase of 69.8% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Gross margin was 46.6% in the second quarter of 2011, compared to 51.0% in the first quarter of 2011 and 37.0% in the second quarter of 2010.
- Operating income was $32.6 million, a decrease of 24.9% from the first quarter of 2011 and an increase of 98.0% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Operating margin was 46.2%, compared to 49.8% in the first quarter of 2011 and 31.4% in the second quarter of 2010.
- Net income attributable to Daqo New Energy Corp. shareholders was $25.7million, a decrease of 26.6% from the first quarter of 2011 and an increase of 118.6% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Earnings per fully diluted ADS were $0.73, compared to $0.99 in the first quarter of 2011, and $0.41 in the second quarter of 2010.
"The substantial price decline and weak market demand in the second quarter of 2011 has impacted our revenue. However, our core business, the production of polysilicon, was still at 100% utilization and we kept no inventory at the quarter end. We have seen the pricing environment for polysilicon stabilized since the beginning of the third quarter and the demand picked up. The wafer and module markets continue to see pricing pressure. However, the modules order picked up in the third quarter and the majority of our wafer output will be used in our module production through tolling arrangement with our cell partner.” Commented, Dr. Gongda Yao, the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, “ On the financing side, we are happy to announce that we have obtained bank loan approval from Bank of China for our Xinjiang phase II polysilicon expansion plan, which fulfills the financing requirement for the project”.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV