Satphones Keep Execs In Touch Anywhere
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- Considering the roller coaster the markets have us on this summer, the sad fact is that if you want get out of the office these crazy days -- since who knows what tomorrow will bring? -- you're going to need a foolproof way to communicate with the office.
And considering how wobbly cellphone service tends to be in the more remote areas we all like to travel to, some sort of upgrade over normal wireless mobile phone service is suddenly not such a bad idea.
|Devices such as the Spot Connect put satellite communications within reach for the average business.|
So how handy is it that a new generation of lower-cost satellite communications options has quietly crept onto the market? Over the past year or so, several satellite devices and services have lowered the cost of true call-from-anywhere speech and text. Keep in mind I did not say low cost; major satellite providers such as Iridium (IRDM) and Globalstar (GSAT) still like to charge real money to use their networks. Phones and devices run several hundred dollars at least, and they require serious monthly and by-minutes service fees.
But if you play your celestial communication cards right, legit, worldwide, foolproof satellite connectivity is a viable option.Here are three ways to bring a little bit of NASA into your office communications mix:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV