NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Keefe, Bruyette and Woods says that regional banks with "compelling dividend yields" make for excellent "defensive ideas for a volatile market," in a report issued Friday.
The regional bank names listed by KBW include "franchises
The following nine regional banks are rated "Outperform," or buy, out of the 16 banks discussed in the KBW report.
Bryn Mawr Bank (BMTC) of Bryn Mawr, Pa., closed at $18.16 Thursday, declining 5% from a week earlier, but up 6.5% year-to-date. Based on a quarterly payout of 15 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.30%. The shares trade for 9.5 times the consensus 2012 earnings estimate of $1.86, among analysts polled by FactSet.KBW analyst Christopher McGratty says Bryn Mawr Bank's "core fundamental trends remain solid as the company has posted mid-teen tangible
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV