SAN DIEGO (TheStreet) - Dan Fitzpatrick at RealMoney.com, talks about three stocks on CNBC's "Fast Money" and "Mad Money" and gives his thoughts on how investors can use those ideas to grow their money. Today's stocks include : Nordstrom (JWN), Apache (APA),and Sanofi-Aventis (SNY).
On "Fast Money," Guy Adami said he thought that Nordstrom had hit its bottom. He recommended going long with a stop at $40. The stock is currently trading below the 200-day moving average. Fitzpatrick said he thinks the stock will test that level and sees potential upside for the stock. He said to use $40 as a reference but not a stop.
Also on Thursday's "Fast Money," Dan Dicker looked at oil stocks with cheap valuations, including Apache. The stock is currently trading near $103. Fitzpatrick said he sees resistance around $115, giving the stock a potential upside of $12. The stock's recent low was around $93 but Fitzpatrick recommended keeping a stop closer to $97 and buying on a pullback as long as it doesn't dip below the stop.
Finally, Fitzpatrick examines at Sanofi-Aventis, a company Cramer featured last night on "Mad Money." Fitzpatrick said Sanofi-Aventis was generally trending higher. He said the stock is oversold, and he thinks now is the time to buy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV