2. Companhia de Bebidas das Americas - AmBev (ABV) along with its subsidiaries produce, distribute and sell beer, carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) and other non-alcoholic and non-carbonated products in 14 countries across the Americas. The stock leaped 4.9% last week.
For the second quarter 2011, the company recorded net sales organic growth of 6.2% to $3.6 billion mainly due to price increases across regions. Profit for the quarter increased 20.4% to $0.67 billion from the year ago quarter. EBITDA during the quarter recorded a organic growth of 9% while margin levels expanded by 110 basis points.
Also, during the past week Morgan Stanley maintained its equal weight rating on the stock. It further added that despite not being a great second quarter, the management is sticking to price increases and controlling costs amid a slower volume environment than expected.Of the 12 analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a hold while the rest rate a buy on it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg project 12.4% upside to $34.06 in value from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts