3. Zhongpin (HOGS) is mainly engaged in the meat and food processing and distribution business in China. HOGS sells its products to wholesalers, retailers and processing factories. Its products include 390 meat products, including chilled pork, frozen pork and prepared meats, and over 35 vegetable and fruit products. The stock leaped 5.1% last week.
During the past week, the company recorded a growth of 70% in its second quarter 2011 revenues to $366.5 million from the year ago quarter. Net income soared 56% to $19.3 million from $12.4 million in the second quarter of 2010. Diluted earnings per share increased by 37% to 48 cents.
For 2011, the company raises its guidance range for its sales to $1.33-$1.37 billion compare to the previous range of $1.18-$1.23 billion. Also, diluted earnings per share are seen in the range of $1.80 to $2.05 as compared to the previous range of $1.89 - $2.18 per share. Gross profit margin is expected to be within the range of 11.2% to 11.8%, while net profit margin is expected to be within the range of 5.2% to 5.8%.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 78% recommend a hold while the rest rate a buy on it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg project 96% upside to $18.25 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV