3. Zhongpin (HOGS) is mainly engaged in the meat and food processing and distribution business in China. HOGS sells its products to wholesalers, retailers and processing factories. Its products include 390 meat products, including chilled pork, frozen pork and prepared meats, and over 35 vegetable and fruit products. The stock leaped 5.1% last week.
During the past week, the company recorded a growth of 70% in its second quarter 2011 revenues to $366.5 million from the year ago quarter. Net income soared 56% to $19.3 million from $12.4 million in the second quarter of 2010. Diluted earnings per share increased by 37% to 48 cents.
For 2011, the company raises its guidance range for its sales to $1.33-$1.37 billion compare to the previous range of $1.18-$1.23 billion. Also, diluted earnings per share are seen in the range of $1.80 to $2.05 as compared to the previous range of $1.89 - $2.18 per share. Gross profit margin is expected to be within the range of 11.2% to 11.8%, while net profit margin is expected to be within the range of 5.2% to 5.8%.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 78% recommend a hold while the rest rate a buy on it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. Analysts polled by Bloomberg project 96% upside to $18.25 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV