10 Brand Names Gone, But Not Forgotten
Think of the great movies of the '70s and '80s -- Star Wars, Jaws, E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark -- and the odds are good you will remember standing in line for tickets outside a General Cinema.
The theater chain helped usher in the era of the megaplex.
While the movies were what we went for and remember most, the chain had its own flourishes that leave us with fond memories.There was its traditional animated Popcorn Bob and his Candy Band, who marched and danced while telling us not to talk during the show and reminding us of the snacks we could buy in the lobby. There was also the famous animated logo that preceded each film, the G and C merging into an abstract movie projector while a syncopated jazz jingle played: Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo (tacha-ta-tacha-ta tacha-ta-tacha-ta)." After filing for bankruptcy in 2000, the movie chain was sold to rival AMC Theaters in 2002.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV