- Revenue growth occurred in 2 of the 3 geographical regions compared with the third quarter of last year, with Americas declining 1%, EMEA up 5% and Asia Pacific up 19%
- Sales of digital signage products totaled $10.9 million, and represented 24% of total revenue and 35% growth compared with the third quarter of the previous fiscal year, led by sales of Clarity Matrix (LCD Video Walls) which increased 228% compared to the same period in fiscal 2010
- Rear Projection Video Wall Cube sales grew 16% compared with the third quarter of last year, with similar growth across all three geographies
- Sales of High-end home products increased 21% compared with the same period a year ago, fueled by the first shipments, including demo orders, of the Runco® D-73d, the world’s only 3D projector for the home, with Constant Stereoscopic Video (CSV TM), utilizing passive glasses
- Several new product and other announcements were made in the 3 rd quarter, aimed at the digital signage market:
- 82” slim LCD Display, Planar d82L with AccessChoice™ (rack-mounted electronics ideal for public venues)
- Multi-Touch LCD Video Walls, Ultra-thin 92”, 130”, and 138” Clarity Matrix Touch video walls
- Launch of a new website showcasing Planar’s breadth of digital signage products ( www.planardigitalsignage.com)
- Clarity Matrix LCD Video Wall System featured in a number of trade-shows, demo rooms, and applications:
- Selected as New Media Display by renowned architect Juergen Mayer H.
- Selected as the Title Exhibition Partner for New Media Display at NeoCon 2011
- Selected by Cyviz for their Collaborative Telepresense (CTP) product portfolio
- Selected by the NBA’s Portland Trail Blazers in the Rose Garden’s Rip City United Headquarters
Planar Announces Fiscal Third Quarter 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.