The Associated Press
Among the earnings stories for Thursday, Aug. 11, from AP Business News:
â¿¿ Sara Lee Corp. said its fiscal fourth-quarter profit fell 41 percent as it continued to sell-off businesses even as revenue rose on strong results from its North American segments and international beverages unit.
â¿¿ Engine maker Briggs & Stratton Corp. turned a loss in its fiscal fourth quarter, as a $49.5-million goodwill impairment charge from its Power Products segment and a drop in engine sales dragged down performance.â¿¿ Teekay Tankers Ltd. said its second-quarter profit dropped 44 percent on one-time charges and a decrease in the tanker rates for its spot fleet. â¿¿ Canadian gold mining company AuRico Gold Inc. said its second-quarter profit surged as its mines produced more gold and silver and costs fell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV