NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --- MasterCard (MA), Motorola Mobility (MMI), CF Industries (CF), Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG), Lexmark International (LXK), Newmont Mining (NEM), Google (GOOG), Range Resources (RRC) and Apple (AAPL) declined lower when compared to broader indices and their peers.
In the past month, fear took over the markets. Investors worried over the slowing U.S. economy, and the threat of an impending recession sent broader indices into a tailspin. The S&P's rating downgrade of the U.S. battered the markets pushing the Dow to its worst drop since Dec. 2008, sliding 15%.
We have identified nine stocks that seem to have braved the tide. Interestingly, these stocks returned 4% during the carnage. These stocks have market capitalization of up to $6.5 billion and potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year.
On average, earnings for these stocks are expected to grow at 30% to 40% and analysts expect an upside of around 30% in the coming year. These stocks had mean returns of 42% in the last one year and analysts' buy ratings of 62%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV