NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --- MasterCard (MA), Motorola Mobility (MMI), CF Industries (CF), Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation (COG), Lexmark International (LXK), Newmont Mining (NEM), Google (GOOG), Range Resources (RRC) and Apple (AAPL) declined lower when compared to broader indices and their peers.
In the past month, fear took over the markets. Investors worried over the slowing U.S. economy, and the threat of an impending recession sent broader indices into a tailspin. The S&P's rating downgrade of the U.S. battered the markets pushing the Dow to its worst drop since Dec. 2008, sliding 15%.
We have identified nine stocks that seem to have braved the tide. Interestingly, these stocks returned 4% during the carnage. These stocks have market capitalization of up to $6.5 billion and potential to deliver attractive returns over the next one year.
On average, earnings for these stocks are expected to grow at 30% to 40% and analysts expect an upside of around 30% in the coming year. These stocks had mean returns of 42% in the last one year and analysts' buy ratings of 62%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV