- Braskem recorded consolidated net revenue of R$8.4 billion in the second quarter, for growth of 13% from 1Q11 and 24% from 2Q10.
- As of June 2011, the Camacari complex was back to regular capacity utilization rates.
- Synergies from Quattor acquisition amounted to R$163 million in 1H11. For 2011, synergies to be captured are estimated at R$377 million on an annual and recurring basis.
- Braskem's net debt/EBITDA ratio maintained its downward trend to reach 2.30x in the quarter compared to 2.37x in 1Q11. In relation to the same quarter last year, when ratio was 2.84x, the decrease reached 19%.
- A US$500 million in 30-year bond issue due in July 2041, with yield of 7.25% p.a. and coupon of 7.125% p.a., which is a market tapped by few Brazilian companies. The proceeds will be used to prepay short- and medium-term debt, in line with Company's strategy to restructure the debt profile.
- Acquisition of the polypropylene business of Dow Chemical for US$323 million, as announced on July 27, making Braskem the leading PP producer in the United States. The business consists of 4 plants, 2 located in the United States and 2 in Europe with total capacity of 1,050 ktons/year, and represents another important step in the Company's international expansion strategy. The acquisition barely changes its capital structure, which from the base date of June 30, 2011, would present a net debt/EBITDA ratio around 2.4x.
Braskem Reports Record EBITDA Of R$1.2 Billion In 2Q11
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.