- Braskem recorded consolidated net revenue of R$8.4 billion in the second quarter, for growth of 13% from 1Q11 and 24% from 2Q10.
- As of June 2011, the Camacari complex was back to regular capacity utilization rates.
- Synergies from Quattor acquisition amounted to R$163 million in 1H11. For 2011, synergies to be captured are estimated at R$377 million on an annual and recurring basis.
- Braskem's net debt/EBITDA ratio maintained its downward trend to reach 2.30x in the quarter compared to 2.37x in 1Q11. In relation to the same quarter last year, when ratio was 2.84x, the decrease reached 19%.
- A US$500 million in 30-year bond issue due in July 2041, with yield of 7.25% p.a. and coupon of 7.125% p.a., which is a market tapped by few Brazilian companies. The proceeds will be used to prepay short- and medium-term debt, in line with Company's strategy to restructure the debt profile.
- Acquisition of the polypropylene business of Dow Chemical for US$323 million, as announced on July 27, making Braskem the leading PP producer in the United States. The business consists of 4 plants, 2 located in the United States and 2 in Europe with total capacity of 1,050 ktons/year, and represents another important step in the Company's international expansion strategy. The acquisition barely changes its capital structure, which from the base date of June 30, 2011, would present a net debt/EBITDA ratio around 2.4x.
Braskem Reports Record EBITDA Of R$1.2 Billion In 2Q11
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts