American Learning Corporation Reports First Quarter Results
American Learning Corporation (the “Company”) (NASDAQ:ALRN) announced revenues of $879,897 and a net loss of $142,543 ($.03 net loss per share) for the three months ended June 30, 2011. By comparison, the Company reported a net loss of $49,970 ($.01 net loss per share) for the three months ended June 30, 2010.
As previously announced, the Company sold certain assets of Interactive Therapy Group Consultants, Inc. (“ITG”) related to ITG’s business in the upstate region of New York State (the “Upstate Region”). Accordingly, all results related to ITG’s Upstate Region have been reflected as discontinued operations.
During the three months ended June 30, 2011 revenues increased 21.0% over the comparable period in the prior fiscal year due to increases in preschool programs and school staffing services.
On June 30, 2011, the Company completed a private placement of 164,715 shares of the Company’s common stock to non-affiliated accredited investors at a per share price of $1.80. Total aggregate proceeds of $296,487 were received by the Company.
|Three Months Ended|
|Operating loss from continuing operations||(178,763||)||(232,129||)|
|Loss before discontinued operations||(174,394||)||(231,811||)|
|Net earnings (loss) per share:|
|From continuing operations - basic|
|From discontinued operations - basic|
|Weighted average shares –|
|basic and diluted||4,809,805||4,754,900|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV