Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: OPXA), a company developing Tovaxin®, a novel T-cell therapy for multiple sclerosis (MS), today reported financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2011 and provided an overview of recent corporate developments.
Recent highlights include:
- Executed strategic agreements with the American Red Cross and the Blood Group Alliance, Inc. to provide blood collection services to support future clinical development of Tovaxin. In combination, the two groups provide Opexa with access to over 90% of the blood procurement centers in the United States;
- Met with Health Canada’s Biologics and Genetics Therapies Directorate as part of the process to secure approval for Opexa to conduct a portion of future clinical development in Canada;
- Initiated the design and development of a proprietary Web-based system to manage patient and product flow throughout future clinical studies;
- Presented Tovaxin data at the 2011 American Academy of Neurology Meeting; and
- Continued work on operational and clinical plans for a pivotal trial in Relapsing Remitting MS (RRMS) as well as evaluating clinical development opportunities in Secondary Progressive MS (SPMS).
“We are pleased with our first half accomplishments and as we move into the second half of the year, we will continue to execute on a number of critical steps necessary for the execution of our next clinical study,” commented Neil K. Warma, President and Chief Executive Officer of Opexa. “We are working to ensure that the various steps in the manufacturing process for Tovaxin are being effectively implemented prior to the next trial, recognizing that such process has been substantially modified and optimized to support late stage clinical development and potential commercialization. We are also working to ensure that clinical operations will be ready, including securing key clinical sites and obtaining advisory input on trial design.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV