NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- RCM Technologies (Nasdaq:RCMT) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its reasonable valuation levels, considering its current price compared to earnings, book value and other measures. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 18.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 14.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, RCM TECHNOLOGIES INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for RCM TECHNOLOGIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.40% trails that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$2.21 million or 131.94% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Latest Headlines about RCMT
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV