You have seen this chart before, this is our growth engines, our strategic calculation is on the left. These are our eight growth engines on the right. One is the business model or a series of business models, global accounts and integrated supply. We did a drilldown of that last year for our focused end market segments namely construction, government, utility and international and on the far right. Our major product and service categories, communications and security, lighting and sustainability and wire & cable.
As we’ve spoken about over the last few years, we are disproportionately investing in these eight areas and we continue to believe that they offer substantial opportunity for us to continue to drive and deliver above market sales growth.
On this page is the foundation of our strategic health is the operational excellence foundation. It’s comprised of these six key initiatives that are enterprise wide processes and functions and we execute these through a combination of LEAN and One WESCO and I will talk about One WESCO more in a few charts, but specifically what are these six? Marketing leadership, sales management, sourcing effectiveness, pricing effectiveness, service excellence and most importantly, talent management.
The first five Steve Van Oss will develop in his presentation and the four business leaders will touch upon the marketing sales and service elements. It’s the sixth one I want to spend a few moments on today. And we talked about this last year. We clearly are a people business and talent management for us is all about recruiting, retaining and developing the best and brightest.We launched the talent management process in the spring of 2005, the origins of which are GE Session C process or Allied Signal’s MRI process. It had a profound effect on the company, clearly. The top 75% of our Top 100 leaders are new to the company on a new operating role over the last three to four years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV