OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (AP) â¿¿ Compass Minerals International Inc. said on Wednesday that director Timothy R. Snider has resigned after five years on the board to pursue new opportunities in the mining industry.
The company said it named Eric Ford, chief operating officer of Peabody Energy Corp., to replace him. Ford, 56, is responsible for Peabody's global mining operations, along with safety, operations planning, and project development. Compass said he would be on its board's compensation and environmental, health and safety committees.
Compass shares fell $2.75, or 3.6 percent, to close at $72.81 in a broadly declining market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV