Nortech Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ: NSYS) today reported net sales of $27.8 million for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011, a 13 percent increase over net sales of $24.7 million for the second quarter of 2010.
The company reported net income of $146,000, or $0.05 per diluted common share for the second quarter of 2011, compared with $147,000, or $0.05 per diluted common share, for the second quarter of 2010.
For the six months ended June 30, 2011, Nortech Systems reported net sales of $56.8 million, compared with $46.4 million for the same period in 2010, an increase of 22 percent.
Net income for the six-month period ended June 30, 2011, was $772,000, or $0.28 per diluted common share. This compares with net income of $242,000, or $0.09 per diluted common share, reported for the same period in 2010.“Our two newest acquisitions led the sales growth for industrial and medical customers,” said Mike Degen, Nortech Systems’ president and CEO. “Along with the immediate sales increase, these acquisitions strengthened our expertise and capabilities for the future by better positioning us to help our customers improve their products and manage their supply chains.” For Nortech’s defense customers, Degen said the second quarter saw federal funding emerge on several key programs that had been originally scheduled for earlier in the year. During the second quarter, the company’s 90-day backlog for defense customers increased 44 percent, to $4.0 million. Nortech’s overall 90-day backlog on June 30, 2011, was $22.8 million, up 14 percent from the start of the quarter. Degen said the company’s core, non-acquisition revenue decreased slightly during the quarter, resulting in part from some softening in the long-term outlook for semiconductor capital equipment spending. He added that many of Nortech’s customers – across all industries – remain cautious in light of lingering economic uncertainty.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV