Piedmont’s office portfolio was 86.5% leased at June 30, 2011, as compared to 89.2% leased at the beginning of the year. The main driver for this decline in lease percentage is due to our success in acquiring several value-added buildings including 500 West Monroe in Chicago, which was 67% leased at acquisition with several near-term lease expirations, 1200 Enclave Parkway in Houston, which is 18% leased at the time of acquisition, and The Medici building in Atlanta 22% leased at the time of acquisition. If you remove the effect of these acquired properties, which are detailed on page 31 of our supplemental information, our stabilized portfolio of office properties was 89% leased at June 30, 2011.
At the end of the second quarter, our weighted average remaining lease term was 6.3 years, up from 5.8 years at the end of 2010. The office markets where we completed the most leasing activity in the quarter were Washington D.C., Detroit, Michigan, and the Central Business District of Chicago, although we’ve seen positive momentum in leasing transactions in a number of markets.
In the Washington D.C. market, The Office of the Comptroller of the Currency renewed 334,000 square feet for two years with double-digit increases on both a cash and accrual basis with no capital expended to extend the lease. Also in Bethesda, Maryland, outside of Washington, the regional accounting firm of Watkins Meegan signed a new 12-year lease for 35,000 square feet at our Piedmont Pointe property bringing that project to over 50% occupancy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV