NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Bank of America (BAC)CEO Brian Moynihan and CFO Brian Thompson will square off against their critics Wednesday afternoon as they try to stanch the bleeding in the company's share price.
|Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan|
Hosting the call and promising to pose the toughest questions he receives by e-mail will be Fairholme Funds portfolio manager Bruce Berkowitz, a top shareholder. Listeners on the call are also invited to ask questions.
Bank of America has lost roughly half its value in 2011 as the least well-capitalized of the U.S. banking giants and the most heavily exposed to mortgage problems roiling the U.S. economy.Keefe, Bruyette & Woods analyst Jefferson Harralson believes Bank of America will be able to avoid raising equity, though he believes Moynihan and Thompson "will be reticent" to discuss their capital plans in a public forum, he wrote in a research note published Tuesday. TheStreet will be live-blogging the event beginning at 1 pm EST Wednesday. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV