G&A expense was $2.2 million in the second quarter or 21.2% of revenue compared to $1.7 million in the first quarter.
In the first quarter, G&A expense was lower due to the annual [inaudible] expense reimbursement from our AES depository bank.
Note the marketing expense was $0.3 million in the second quarter or 3.1% of revenue compared to $0.3 million in the first quarter. We continue to tightly manage expense levels in this category and maintain a hiring freeze for non-engineering functions. And it’s not because of the management and executive level.
Operating loss was $3.8 million for the second quarter compared to a loss of $3.1 million for the prior quarter. As noted last quarter, as the result of the continued depreciation of the Chinese yen against the U.S. dollar, non-recurring engineering charges in developing new high-end products, and a comparative compensation in China’s talent markets, we expect our operating expenses denominated in Chinese yen to increase gradually.Net other income for the second quarter was $1.3 million as a net result of foreign exchange gain of $1.1 million and a total yen of one of [inaudible] invested companies of $0.2 million. Other income of $1.1 million for the first quarter was over related to a net foreign exchange gain. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV