Amtech Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: ASYS), a global supplier of production and automation systems and related supplies for the manufacture of solar cells, semiconductors, and sapphire and silicon wafers, today reported financial results for its third quarter fiscal 2011 ended June 30, 2011.
Third Quarter Financial Highlights:
- Record net revenue of $71.9 million, up 67% from $43.1 million in Q3 Fiscal 2010
- Record solar revenue of $60.7 million, up 61% from $37.6 million in Q3 Fiscal 2010
- Gross margin of 36%, compared to 37% in Q3 Fiscal 2010
- Operating income of $12.1 million, up 89% from $6.4 million in Q3 Fiscal 2010
- EPS of $0.74 per diluted share, up 76% from EPS of $0.42 per diluted share in Q3 Fiscal 2010
- Quarterly bookings of $13.5 million ($7.2 million solar); fiscal year-to-date bookings of $223 million ($196 million solar)
- Quarter-end backlog of $140.5 million ($130.0 million solar)
J.S. Whang, Chief Executive Officer of Amtech, commented, “For the third quarter, we achieved a fifth consecutive quarter of record revenue, reflecting our technology leadership in high efficiency solar diffusion, and continued strong bottom line results that further demonstrate our operational capability to manage and service the high growth cycles of the solar market. While our order pipeline has slowed significantly given the near-term uncertainty in the broader PV market, we maintain a healthy backlog of $140 million, remain on track to produce and ship at a significant volume in the September quarter, and expect to achieve our full-year revenue guidance for fiscal 2011. During this solar down cycle, we are intensifying our efforts to increase our diffusion market share and execute on our key solar development programs, including our solar ion implant project.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV