Meridian Bioscience, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIVO) is pleased to announce the launch of a new Clostridium difficile rapid test, Immuno Card C. difficile GDH. This assay detects the common antigen, Glutamate dehydrogenase, produced by toxigenic and non-toxigenic strains of Clostridium difficile. Toxigenic strains of Clostridium difficile are frequently associated with hospital and community acquired diarrhea and can lead to life-threatening complications or death. Immuno Card C. difficile GDH can be used by laboratories worldwide to screen patients with diarrhea for C. difficile. To differentiate those patients at risk of disease associated with toxigenic C. difficile, GDH-positive patients are often confirmed with toxin-detecting tests such as highly sensitive molecular assay, illumigene ® C. difficile.
With the addition of Immuno Card C. difficile GDH, Meridian Bioscience is uniquely positioned in the market as the only manufacturer able to provide a complete portfolio of C. difficile testing solutions that can meet the needs of our global customers. The combination of Immuno Card C. difficile GDH and illumigene C. difficile provides laboratories with an algorithmic option to C. difficile diagnostic testing.
Richard Eberly, Chief Commercial Officer stated, “ C. difficile is a very dangerous infection that can lead to severe consequences for the patient and for the healthcare institutions that care for them. The addition of Immuno Card C. difficile GDH continues Meridian’s legacy of leadership in the detection and identification of C. difficile. In addition, this new product in conjunction with the Meridian illumigene C. difficile technology empowers laboratories to identify C. difficile patients with both a rapid screening test and molecular confirmation in less than two hours. ”
FORWARD LOOKING STATEMENTS
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV