iShares Silver Trust (SLV) -3.1%
Silver prices are taking a hit as newly invigorated investors file out of safe haven precious metals. Silver has become a peculiar commodity to watch; although it is used extensively across a number of industries, it has recently become a darling with fearful investors.
With Tuesday's losses, SLV has retreated to its 50-day moving average.iPath S&P 500 VIX Short Term Futures ETN (VXX) -2.6% The market's rebound following Monday's staggering losses is helping to inject some much-needed confidence into investors. As a result, the fear-tracking VXX is taking a hit. VXX and other VIX-tracking exchange-traded products are sure to be interesting to watch in the days ahead. All prices as of 2:13 PM EST Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV