NASB Financial, Inc. (NASDAQ: NASB) announced today net income for the quarter ended June 30, 2011, of $4,389,000 or $0.56 per share. This compares to a net loss of $24,507,000 or $(3.11) per share for the quarter ended March 31, 2011, and compares to a net loss of $460,000 or $(0.06) per share for the quarter ended June 30, 2010.
The net loss for the nine months ended June 30, 2011, was $23,153,000 or $(2.94) per share, compared to net income of $4,088,000 or $0.52 per share for the nine months ended June 30, 2010.
NASB Financial, Inc. is a unitary thrift holding company for North American Savings Bank, F.S.B. (“North American” or the “Bank”). North American operates six offices in greater Kansas City, Missouri and others in Harrisonville, St. Joseph, and Excelsior Springs, Missouri. The Bank also has loan origination offices in Lee’s Summit and Springfield, Missouri as well as Overland Park, Kansas.
NASB Financial, Inc.
|(Dollars in thousands, except per share data)|
|Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|Net interest income||$||13,176||12,695||13,930||38,911||40,854|
|Provision for loan losses||68||38,800||11,500||49,394||25,500|
|Income tax expense (benefit)||2,748||(15,342||)||(497||)||(14,494||)||1,416|
|Net income (loss)||$||4,389||(24,507||)||(460||)||(23,153||)||4,088|
|FINANCIAL CONDITION DATA:|
Total loans and mortgage-backed and related securities
Customer and brokered deposit accounts
|FINANCIAL RATIOS AND PER SHARE DATA:|
|Book value per share||$||18.38||17.83||21.01||18.38||21.01|
|Earnings (loss) per share||0.56||(3.11||)||(0.06||)||(2.94||)||0.52|
|Cash dividends paid per share||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.45|
Return on assets (annualized net income divided by total average assets)
Return on equity (annualized net income divided by average stockholders' equity)
|Weighted average shares outstanding||7,867,614||7,867,614||7,867,614||7,867,614||7,867,614|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV