2. DISH Network (DISH) is a pay TV provider and through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides HD and DVR technology services to around 14.2 million satellite television customers.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 increased to $549 million from $231 million during the corresponding period in 2010. Diluted EPS was $1.22 versus $0.52 during the corresponding period in 2010. Net subscriptions during the quarter were 58,000, closing with 14.191 million subscribers.
Higher profitability sustained margins. Net profit margin for the quarter was 17% against an average 8% delivered for fiscal 2010. Return on average assets was 22% during the second quarter of 2011. The stock ranked among Acadian Asset Management's top buys for the second quarter. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 55% and is likely to return 53% over the next one year. Trading at 7 times its estimated 2011 earnings, the stock has gained 15% since the start of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV