5. Aetna (AET) supplies technology, integrated project management and information solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Net income during the second quarter of 2011 was $522.6 million compared with $494.6 million for the corresponding quarter of 2010. Operating earnings for the quarter were $512.9 million against $467.4 million during the same quarter prior year, driven by higher commercial underwriting margins. Total revenue was $7.7 billion versus $7.9 billion during the second quarter of 2010.
The company intends to be diversified player and acquire new capabilities, Mark T. Bertolini, CEO of Aetna, said, "I am pleased with the initial progress of our Accountable Care Solutions model for collaboration with high-quality health systems such as Carilion Clinic, Heartland Health and Emory Healthcare."The stock has a buying rating of 57% and is likely to return 46% over the next one year. The scrip is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV