5. Aetna (AET) supplies technology, integrated project management and information solutions to the oil and gas industry.
Net income during the second quarter of 2011 was $522.6 million compared with $494.6 million for the corresponding quarter of 2010. Operating earnings for the quarter were $512.9 million against $467.4 million during the same quarter prior year, driven by higher commercial underwriting margins. Total revenue was $7.7 billion versus $7.9 billion during the second quarter of 2010.
The company intends to be diversified player and acquire new capabilities, Mark T. Bertolini, CEO of Aetna, said, "I am pleased with the initial progress of our Accountable Care Solutions model for collaboration with high-quality health systems such as Carilion Clinic, Heartland Health and Emory Healthcare."The stock has a buying rating of 57% and is likely to return 46% over the next one year. The scrip is trading at 7.4 times its estimated 2011 earnings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV