NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Chesapeake Energy (CHK), Marathon Oil Corporation (MRO), Chevron (CVX), DISH Network (DISH), Aetna (AET), Coventry Health Care (CVH) and WellPoint (WLP) are trading at attractive valuations and offer scope for long-term stock appreciation.
These stocks outperformed the Dow in the last one year, gaining 16% compared to the Dow's 1.5% increase. According to a Bloomberg consensus, these stocks have average buy ratings of 59%. These stocks are trading 7 to 9 times their estimated 2012 earnings
These stocks are listed in ascending order of upside implied by average analyst price target.
7. Chevron (CVX) is an energy major with both upstream and downstream operations.
Net income for the second quarter of 2011 was reported at $7.7 billion, improving from $5.4 billion in the same quarter of the previous year. Sales during the quarter were $67 billion from $51 billion in the year-ago quarter, riding on higher crude oil and refined product prices.The company resumed exploration and development drilling activity in the Gulf of Mexico and acquired new upstream resource opportunities in Kazakhstan, Australia and the U.S. during the second quarter. Also, Chevron completed the sale of its fuels marketing and aviation businesses in three Central American countries as well as other assets in China and North America. Capital and exploratory expenditure increased during the first six months of 2011 to $13.4 billion from $9.4 billion in the corresponding 2010 period. The company bought $1 billion of its common stock under its share repurchase program. Chevron's stock rose 13% in the last one year and it is trading at 6.6 times. The stock has 77% buy ratings and is estimated to return 37% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV