Live Blog: Federal Reserve Announcement
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- All eyes will be on the Federal Reserve at 2:15 p.m. ET Tuesday when the central bank makes its announcement on interest rates.
The Fed isn't expected to do anything with the fed funds rate, but market-watchers will be listening for any hints of another round of quantitative easing in light of Friday's S&P downgrade of the U.S. credit rating, which precipitated a massive market selloff the past three days.
Check back at 2 p.m. for TheStreet's live blog.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV