Tournigan Energy Ltd. (TVC: TSX-V; TGP: Frankfurt) (Pink Sheets: TVCFF) continues to advance an NI 43-101 compliant prefeasibility study for its Kuriskova uranium project in Slovakia. Tetra Tech, Inc. of Golden, Colorado is preparing the study, expected to be completed in December 2011.
Tetra Tech’s proposed mine production plan for Kuriskova will be based on the Indicated portion of the most recent resource estimate. The April 2011 resource estimate comprises an Indicated Resource of 28.5 million pounds U 3O 8 grading 0.555% U 3O 8 contained in 2.3 million tonnes and an additional Inferred Resource of 12.7 million pounds U 3O 8 grading 0.185% U 3O 8 contained in 3.1 million tonnes, at a cut-off of 0.05%U (see news release dated April 26, 2011 announcing the resource estimate prepared by Tetra Tech). Ongoing metallurgical test work has confirmed uranium recoveries of 93-94%.
All field work and data interpretation necessary for completion of the prefeasibility study on schedule are in progress. Highlights of the work include:
- Completion of Phase 1 metallurgical test work at Hazen Research. Phase II is in progress;
- Geotechnical studies: the third of five geotechnical holes is being drilled, with completion of the geotechnical drilling program expected by mid-September. Logging of oriented core is continuing and results are being interpreted;
- Hydrogeological modeling: the three hydrogeological holes have been drilled and results are being interpreted;
- Collection of environmental base line data, including water and soil sampling and analysis;
- Preliminary engineering work for mine, process plant and infrastructure design; and
- Capital and operating cost estimates.
The Phase 1 test work at Hazen has confirmed uranium and molybdenum leach recoveries of 93-94% and 90-93%, respectively, on Kuriskova composites using a conventional alkaline leach circuit at P 80 200 mesh grind, 200 oC, and oxygen overpressure of 100 psi in a two hour leach time. Phase 2, which is ongoing, is focusing on refinement of the uranium and molybdenum precipitation parameters using industry standard flow sheets for alkaline process plants.In addition to advancing the Kuriskova prefeasibility study, Tournigan is continuing with surface exploration work (geology, geochemistry and geophysics) within the Kuriskova exploration licence and on the company’s other exploration licences in Slovakia. This is expected to lead to drill targets which the company will begin testing after the Kuriskova geotechnical drilling is completed. Tetra Tech is also in the process of preparing an NI 43-101 resource estimate for the Novoveska Huta uranium deposit in Slovakia which is expected for release by the end of September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV