MHI Hospitality Corporation Reports Financial Results For Second Quarter 2011
MHI Hospitality Corporation (NASDAQ: MDH) (the “Company”), a self-managed and self-administered lodging real estate investment trust (a “REIT”), today reported its consolidated results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011. The Company’s results include the following *:
|Three months ended||Six months ended|
|June 30, 2011||June 30, 2010||June 30, 2011||June 30, 2010|
|($ in thousands except per share data)|
|Net income (loss) attributable to the Company||(183||)||256||(1,172||)||(524||)|
|Net income (loss) per diluted share attributable to the Company||$||(0.02||)||$||0.03||$||(0.12||)||$||(0.06||)|
|FFO per diluted share and unit||0.16||0.20||0.23||0.30|
|Adjusted FFO per diluted share and unit||0.25||0.23||0.32||0.27|
(*) Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (“EBITDA”), adjusted EBITDA, hotel EBITDA, funds from operations (“FFO”), adjusted FFO, FFO per share and adjusted FFO per share are non-GAAP financial measures. See further discussion of these non-GAAP measures, including definitions related thereto, and reconciliations to net income (loss) later in this press release.
- RevPAR. Room revenue per available room (“RevPAR”) for our wholly-owned properties increased 8.1 percent over the second quarter 2010 to $84.19 as a result of a 1.0 percent increase in occupancy and a 7.0 percent increase in average daily rate (“ADR”).
- Hotel EBITDA. The Company generated hotel EBITDA of approximately $6.6 million during the second quarter 2011, an increase of 9.2 percent over the second quarter 2010. Hotel EBITDA margin increased 40 basis points to 28.8 percent.
- Adjusted EBITDA. The Company generated adjusted EBITDA of approximately $6.1 million during the second quarter 2011, an increase of 12.9 percent over the second quarter 2010.
- Adjusted FFO. The Company generated adjusted FFO of approximately $3.3 million during the second quarter 2011, an increase of approximately $0.4 million or 12.8 percent over the second quarter 2010.
- Capital Expenditures. So far this fiscal year, the Company invested approximately $3.2 million of capital throughout its portfolio, including approximately $1.4 million at the Holiday Inn Brownstone hotel property in anticipation of its conversion to the Doubletree Brownstone Raleigh in the fourth quarter 2011.
- Common Dividends. As previously reported, on July 18, 2011, the Company announced a reinstatement of its common dividend and declared a quarterly dividend of $0.02 per share on its common shares, payable on October 11, 2011 to stockholders of record as of September 15, 2011.
Andrew M. Sims, Chairman and CEO of MHI Hospitality Corporation, commented, “MHI Hospitality Corporation experienced a strong second quarter. Operating results were solid with above market year over year increases in RevPAR and Hotel EBITDA. The Company’s Hotel EBITDA margin improved for the sixth consecutive quarter on a year over year basis. The Company restructured its balance sheet via the issuance of preferred stock, a three year extension and significant pay-down on its line of credit and loan maturity extensions on its Hampton and Jacksonville assets, coupled with an increase in the Company’s cash and liquidity positions. All and all, the second quarter 2011 was one of the Company’s most productive quarters in quite some time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV