Entertainment Gaming Asia Inc. (NYSE Amex: EGT) (“Entertainment Gaming Asia” or “the Company”), a leading provider of electronic gaming machines (EGMs) on a participation basis to the Pan-Asian gaming industry, today reported operating results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011 and reviewed recent corporate progress.
- Net income was $307,000 for the second quarter of 2011 compared to a net loss of $1.5 million for the second quarter of 2010.
- Consolidated adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, amortization, and non-cash charges) was $3.3 million for the second quarter of 2011 compared to $1.4 million for the second quarter of 2010.
- Total net revenue from EGMs on participation for the second quarter of 2011 was a record high of $4.6 million, an increase of 29% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Average consolidated win per unit per day (WUD) for the second quarter of 2011 reached another record high of $147, an increase of 28% from the second quarter of 2010.
- As of June 30, 2011, total installed EGM seats in operation were 1,502 in seven venues, comprised of five venues in the Philippines with a total of 784 seats and two venues in Cambodia with a total of 718 seats.
- Cash-based selling, general and administrative (SG&A) expense was $1.2 million for the second quarter of 2011, a decrease of 20% from the second quarter of 2010.
- Cash balance was $14.0 million as of June 30, 2011.
- The Company is making progress on its casino development projects in the Kampot and Pailin Provinces of Cambodia with construction expected to begin in the fall of 2011 and gaming licenses secured for both projects.
- The Company continues to pursue potential new gaming projects in the Indo-China region.
Clarence Chung, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Entertainment Gaming Asia, commented, “I am pleased to announce that Entertainment Gaming Asia has reported another quarter of solid operating results. For our second quarter of 2011, we achieved another record high for our EGM participation revenue and consolidated average net win in our core gaming participation operations. This along with strict cost control resulted in the generation of meaningful adjusted EBITDA averaging over $1.0 million per month and positive GAAP earnings. With solid recurring cash flow and a growing cash position, which reached approximately $14 million as of June 30, 2011, we believe we are well positioned to expand our business model and execute our casino development plans within emerging gaming markets in the Indo-China region.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV