Shares were rising 1.2% to $33.41 in premarket trading Tuesday.
Transatlantic Holdings (TRH) said late Monday that the takeover offer from National Indemnity , a unit of Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B), doesn't constitute a superior offer but said it would "engage in discussions" with National Indemnity.
Shares of Berkshire Hathaway's B shares were rising 0.9% to $67.25.
HSBC (HBC) confirmed Tuesday it is in talks about a sale of its card and retail services business in the U.S. Shares were down 0.2% to $42.73.
Solar products company SunPower Corp (SPWRA) is expected to report second-quarter loss of 19 cents a share vs. profit of 15 cents a share a year ago.
Game developer Take-Two Interactive Software (TTWO) posted a non-GAAP profit of $2 million, or 2 cents a share, for the June-ended period, on revenue of $334.4 million, down from a year-ago equivalent profit of $40.9 million, or 43 cents a share, on revenue of $375.4 million. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 9 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $351.2 million.
Software provider Limelight Networks (LLNW) posted a non-GAAP loss of $5.9 million, or 5 cents a share, for its fiscal second quarter ended in June on revenue of $50.5 million. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a loss of 3 cents a share in the June period on revenue of $52.4 million.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals (VRX), the Canadian drug company, may be interested in buying Medicis Pharmaceutical (MRX), according to a report.
Education program provider Education Management Corp. (EDMC) has been accused of engaging in improper recruitment methods to obtain more than $11 billion in U.S. student aid. -- Written by Andrea Tse in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV