CorMedix Inc. (“CorMedix”) (NYSE Amex: CRMD), a pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing therapeutic products for the prevention and treatment of Cardiorenal disease, today announced its results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2011.
Second Quarter 2011 Highlights:
- Submitted Design Dossier for (CRMD003) Neutrolin ® as part of the European CE Mark Approval Process
- Special Protocol Assessment (“SPA”) Agreement with FDA for Phase III Trial in Prevention of Contrast Induced Acute Kidney Injury (“CI-AKI”) with (CRMD001), A Proprietary Formulation of Deferiprone
- Successfully Completed Patient Recruitment in Phase II CI-AKI with (CRMD001), A Proprietary Formulation of Deferiprone
Planned Second Half 2011 Milestones:
- Announce data from Phase II CI-AKI Study for (CRMD001), A Proprietary Formulation of Deferiprone
- Start Pivotal Phase III Clinical Study for (CRMD003) Neutrolin ® Pending FDA Approval
Financial Results for the Second Quarter 2011The net loss for the three months ended June 30, 2011 was $2.5 million, or $0.22 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $1.2 million, or $0.10 per diluted share, for the second quarter 2010. The increase in the net loss was attributable to increased research and development (“R&D”) of $0.6 million and general and administrative (“G&A”) expenses of $0.3 million during the second quarter of 2011 compared to the second quarter of 2010 as a result of the Company completing patient recruitment in its Phase II study of CRMD-001, increased development and regulatory costs for CRMD-003, as well as increased stock-based compensation costs and costs of operating as a publicly-traded company following our IPO in March 2010, respectively. The net loss for the six months ended June 30, 2011 was $4.5 million, or $0.39 per diluted share, compared to a net loss of $7.6 million, or $1.14 per diluted share, for the six months ended June 30, 2010. The decrease in net loss was attributable to a decrease of interest expense of $3.1 million comprised of amortization and write-off of deferred financing costs and debt discounts which was related to the completion of the Company’s IPO occurring in the first quarter 2010 with no related charges during the first half of 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV