Lumber Liquidators Holdings Inc Stock Downgraded (LL)
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 35.63%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 40.62% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, LL is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to -$7.61 million or 43.27% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC's earnings per share declined by 40.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.93 versus $0.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.93).
- 35.20% is the gross profit margin for LUMBER LIQUIDATORS HLDGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of LL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.00% trails the industry average.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.