Caribou Coffee: 52-Week Highs
The major stock indexes tumbled more than 5% Monday following an unprecedented downgrade to the U.S. government's AAA credit rating by Standard & Poor's on Friday.
Caribou Coffee was no exception; the small-cap coffee shop chain's stock shed 8% to $14.24 in afternoon trading, but not before it rose to a 52-week high of $16 in morning trading.
The only other stocks to hit 52-week highs on Monday were capital goods maker Argan (AGX), authentication provider Collectors Universe (CLCT) and National Research (NRCI), a surveyor of business performance for the healthcare industry. Caribou posted an 83.3% jump in second-quarter earnings last week as revenue grew by 16.5%, and the company raised its full-year outlook. The introduction of breakfast sandwiches to its menu helped drive quarterly results. Caribou also announced a partnership with Crossmark, a sales and marketing services company, to help it expand its packaged coffee business and better compete with coffee giants like Starbucks (SBUX), Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) and Dunkin' Donuts (DNKN).
-- Written by Miriam Marcus Reimer in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Miriam Reimer. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/miriamsmarket.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV