ST. LOUIS ( TheStreet) -- Two small units of Boeing (BA) and Siemens (SI) said Monday they formed an alliance to seek Defense Department contracts to provide efficient energy management at military installations.
Boeing Energy, a start-up energy smart grid development and management venture created late in 2009, is an entrepreneurial effort within Boeing's Defense, Space and Security, which accounted for about half -- $31.9 billion -- of Boeing's total 2010 revenues.
The joint project "is the top priority for what we're working on at Boeing Energy," said Tim Noonan, vice president of Boeing Energy, during a conference call with reporters. "We see the Department of Defense as having a solid pain point here. We think we can drive it to other commercial markets."
Judy Marks, who heads Siemens U.S. Federal Business unit, said Siemens, known for energy management systems, has been discussing an alliance with Boeing for about a year. "We needed a partner that had the ability to understand even more
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV