Hampden Bancorp Inc. Stock Downgraded (HBNK)
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 300.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 30.00% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HAMPDEN BANCORP INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- HAMPDEN BANCORP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HAMPDEN BANCORP INC swung to a loss, reporting -$0.04 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.38 versus -$0.04).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 133.42% to $2.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HAMPDEN BANCORP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -121.04%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 277.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$0.14 million to $0.25 million.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.